1. Download Android Studio. Android Studio is the official IDE for developing Android Applications.
2. In Android Studio, create a new project. You can either select: Start a new Android Studio Project, or File -> New -> Project.
3. In the New Project screen, enter the following values:
4. Select Next
5. In the Target Android Devices screen, keep the default values and click Next.
6. In the Add an Activity to Mobile screen, select Empty Activity and click Next.
7. In the Customize the Activity screen, keep the default values and click Finish.
8. After waiting for the gradle processes to finish, make sure that Android Studio is displaying a sidebar with the app directory at the top. If not, select: View > Tool Windows > Project